SNV will be at the Global Off-Grid Solar Forum and Expo on 18 - 20 February 2020 in Nairobi, Kenya to showcase its work in promoting sustainable off-grid solar markets.
About the event
The Global Off-Grid Solar Forum and Expo is the premier meeting of the off-grid solar sector. It provides a unique platform for knowledge exchange, networking and showcasing off-grid solar products and services. The event aims to accelerate the development of the global off-grid solar market contributing to achieving universal energy access by 2030.
The event is co-organised by GOGLA, the global association for the off-grid solar energy industry and Lighting Global, a World Bank Group initiative to rapidly increase access to off-grid solar energy for the one billion people living without grid electricity worldwide.
SNV at the event
At the forum, SNV energy experts will give an overview of our solar energy initiatives in the region. In particular, we will showcase the BRILHO - Energy Africa in Mozambique programme at our exhibition stand, with a focus on the Market Development Fund which will be launched in February 2020 The BRILHO programme, funded by UKAID, represents the United Kingdom’s commitment to the Energy Africa Campaign in Mozambique which aims to help Africa achieve its energy access goals by 2030. BRILHO targets three identified inter-connected areas of energy needs in Mozambique, namely improved cookstoves, solar home systems and mini-grids.
BRILHO will increase energy access in Mozambique for 1.5 million people. It is a comprehensive and innovative five-year programme which will support 15,000 businesses and mobilise GBP 20 million in private funding. To learn more about the BRILHO project come and visit our stand at the event or visit the BRILHO webpage.
Learn more about SNV’s off-grid solar energy activities
Click on the links below to learn more about the work that SNV does in the area of off-grid solar:
- Read how DFID and SNV are improving energy access for 1.5M people in Mozambique.
- Click here to find out more about the Kenya Off-Grid Solar Access Project (KOSAP), a flagship project of the Ministry of Energy, financed by the World Bank.
- The Results-Based Financing (RBF) for Pico-Solar Market Development project aims to improve market access to and use of quality pico-solar devices for rural and off-grid households in Tanzania.
- Be inspired by young Margreth's story who is driven to succeed as solar energy entrepreneur.
- SNV with the support of Energising Development (EnDev) has implemented a Pico PV project targeting off grid communities in selected counties of Kenya.