SNV Energy expert Wim van Nes will participate in a panel session entitled Innovations in Clean Cooking Fuels for Development - Fuel, Technology and Finance, at the LPG for Development Summit on Tuesday, September 24.
About the event
The third LPG for Development Summit which will be held at the RAI Amsterdam is co-organized by the Global LPG Partnership and World LPG Association. This event will focus on the contribution of clean cooking fuels to sustainable development.
This year there will be a special focus on the role of LPG in improving health outcomes, in accordance with World Health Organization Guidelines for Emissions Reductions for Health, as well as their contribution to several Sustainable Development Goals and national development targets. To see the full agenda please visit the event website.
SNV at the event
The session which will start at 4:15 pm to 5:30 pm will look at innovations in clean cooking fuels for scaled development by 2030. The session will be chaired by Peter George, Clean Cooking Alliance. Please see below for a list of other participants:
- Ron Bills, CEO, Envirofit
- Bessem Enonchong, Cameroon Country Director, Global LPG Partnership
- Wanjiku Manyara, General Manager, Petroleum Institute of East Africa
- Wim van Nes, Global Sector Coordinator for Energy, SNV
- Ken Tun, CEO, Parami Energy (invited)
- Frank van der Vleuten, Senior Renewable Energy Advisor, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Netherlands (invited)
To learn more about SNV’s work in clean cooking
- Learn about the “Clean Cookstove Market Acceleration Project” which is funded by DFID through the Energising Development (EnDev) programme and implemented in Kenya by SNV.
- Read an article which highlights the importance of user-oriented solutions in the clean cookstove sector.
- A new cooking innovation, involving the deployment of a simple and free solution to improve the efficiency and fuel savings of traditional stoves, was tested by SNV. Discover more.