Energy expert Dr Rianne Teule will participate in the final Vienna Energy Forum Virtual Series event to discuss accelerating the energy transition by galvanising political action. This session falls under the Food Systems track.
Where and when?
The event will take place Wednesday, 12 May 2021 from 2:00 to 3:30 pm (CEST)
About the Vienna Energy Forum
The VEF Virtual Series is a platform with the overarching goal of progressing agreed recommendations and delivering policy briefs with action-oriented solutions in targeted locations, to assist countries around the world to align their recovery efforts with an Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development.
About this session
During this session, an expert panel will discuss how political action can be galvanised to step up the transition to renewable energy. Questions that will be addressed during the event include:
- What are the critical actions we need to take today to progress against our energy and climate goals?
- Which decision-makers and at what level need to be influenced?
- How to mobilise collective actions and partnerships on the VEF Virtual Series recommendations
During this session, Dr Teule will be joined by an expert panel including:
- William Brent, Chief Campaign Officer at Power for All
- Kuda Ndhlukul - Executive Director of the SADC Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (SACREEE)
- Juliane van Voorst tot Voorst, Head of Financial Instruments at REEEP
The session will be moderated by Olivier Dubois Senior Natural Resources Officer and Coordinator of the Energy Programme within the Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment of FAO.
How to attend?
To see a full list of the panellist biographies and to register for the event please visit the Viennna Energy Forum's website.