The Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD) ‘Scalable Climate Solutions Challenge’ is looking for potentially scalable solutions in Kenya. Join us on May 7 to learn more in an interactive discussion.
About this event
By targeting the Kenya landscape with the Scalable Climate Solutions Challenge, the DFCD seeks to collectively contribute to the development of a diversified economy by having a coordinated approach to agriculture, agroforestry, water management and sustainable energy investments. A scalable climate solution could enhance the ecological value and individual activities within a landscape and improve the resilience, economic prospects and livelihoods of the population.
One project will be provided with a development contribution of up to € 350K from the existing DFCD Origination facility, get a chance to present their project at COP26 in Glasgow and become eligible for larger support from DFCD. Is your organisation interested in this Challenge or do you know a project that fits the needs of local communities and ecosystems in Kenya? We’d love for you and your stakeholders to join this event.
Date and time
Date: 6 May 2021
Title: Scalable Climate Solutions challenge in Kenya
Time: 11:00 Kenya Time (10:00 Central European Time)
Here’s our panel for the day
- Aart Mulder, Portfolio Manager Climate, Fund Manager DFCD
- Ms Elizabeth Carabine, Senior Climate Expert, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kenya
- Ms Caroline Kariuki, CEO of Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA)
- Ms Nuru Mugambi, Director of Public Affairs & Sustainable Finance Lead at Kenya Bankers Association
- Mr Yaron Cohen, Manager, Project Madaraka Amiran Kenya Ltd
- Tigere Muzenda, Regional Investment Officer, SSA at Dutch Fund for Climate & Development, SNV
Want to know more about the DFCD ?
Visit the DFCD Challenge website or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions. To directly apply to the fund click on this link. To learn more about the climate challenges in Kenya, watch this short video below.
Live event recording
To see a recording of the live event, click on the image below.