14 July: GrEEn Webinar Series - Presentation and Validation of Findings from the 2020 WASH Market Scan
On 14 July 2020, SNV Ghana’s Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities in Ghana (GrEEn) project hosted a webinar to share and discuss the findings from its Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) market scan.
Date and time
Date: Tuesday, 14 July 2020
Time: 11:00AM – 12:30PM GMT
About the GrEEn project
The Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities in Ghana (GrEEn) project is a 4-year action funded by the European Union through its Emergency Trust Fund for Africa.
Implemented by SNV Ghana and the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) in close partnership with the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, GrEEn aims at creating jobs for over 5,000 people through the promotion of green jobs and growth of Ghana’s local, circular economy. The project will achieve this by improving skills and increasing access to finance for youth, women and returning migrants as well as Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in the Ashanti and Western regions of Ghana.
About the webinar
Under the GrEEn project, SNV Ghana conducted a market scan for the WASH sector during its inception phase with the main aim of identifying potential employment and entrepreneurship opportunities for youth, women and returning migrants.
Objectives of the webinar
Questions discussed during the meeting included:
- What are the markets within the two targeted regions?
- Who are the key stakeholders and players in the sector? How can interventions in the sector be coordinated?
- Which areas has GrEEn identified as high scalability areas for WASH activities?
- How is the WASH sector relevant to COVID-19’s recovery phase?
- Ministries, Agencies and Departments in the WASH sector, both at the national and sub-national levels
- Development partners working in the WASH sectors
- Private sector organisations and individual companies, including Business Development Services (BDS) providers
- Universities, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions, training service providers
- Civil Society Organisations
- Interested SNV staff and partners from other projects.
- SNV Ghana GrEEn Project Brief
- SNV Ghana and UNCDF Joint Project Brochure
- Blog - Green businesses: the right approach to building climate resilient local economies and livelihoods
- Blog - What GrEEn is doing in response to COVID-19
- GrEEn Project Press Release