As part of the OmiDelta programme  of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (EKN) in Benin, the Non State Actors Fund (NSA Fund) supported NGOs, CSOs and private sector companies to implement projects in Drinking Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM).
Started on 1 December 2016 - with a total budget of €14,750,000 - the SNV-managed OmiDelta NSA Fund was a programme that concluded in June 2022. As Fund manager, SNV provided technical, administrative, and financial support to ensure smooth project implementation. This support included:
- the development of effective and sound proposals guaranteeing good price-performance ratio;
- project implementation;
- project monitoring and evaluation; and/or
- administration and financial reporting.
The programme supported 13 projects in Benin:
- Seven (7) WASH projects to help sustain improvements in access to quality water, sanitation and hygiene services. These projects were implemented across 24 municipalities in 7 of the 12 departments  in Benin.
- Two (2) COVID-19 and WASH projects in response to the pandemic.
- Three (3) IWRM projects to support the operationalisation of the national IWRM policy and strategy, with a focus in watershed management improvement and delta security. These projects were implemented in 14 municipalities located in the sub-basin of the Lower and Middle Valley of the Ouémé river (BMVO).
- One (1) governance-focused capacity strengthening project to enhance consultation processes (including citizen watch structures) in respect to the right to water and sanitation, and initiatives to strengthen climate resilience, equity and sustainability in water management at the Ouémé delta level.
All projects were designed to contribute to at least one of the four foundational themes of the EKN’s OmiDelta programme: gender, youth, governance, and/or climate change.
Photo: SNV Benin/Margot Piquet
 The OmiDelta programme of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Benin comprise three programmatic components: funding for local governments; technical assistance for local government partners; and the OmiDelta NSA Fund.
 Departments, in this context, are administrative divisions of a group of municipalities or communities.
Our project contributed to three result areas
Safe water services
Improved sanitation and hygiene services
Better watershed management and delta security
Omi Delta project results
Optimised groundwater use...
Water facility improvements in Benin help expand girls and women's development opportunities...
Group of seven nature-based,...
#Water4Climate: low-cost, locally manufactured IWRM solutions delivered by OmiDelta...