On 23 February 2022, SNV took part in its first Twitter takeover to support a new campaign focusing on energy-efficient and sustainable agricultural solutions to enhance food security and climate resilience.
Efficiency for Access - a global coalition to accelerate clean energy access through high-performing appliances is running this campaign from January 2002 to April 2022. The campaign will promote the latest trends and innovations in energy-efficient and sustainable agricultural solutions.
The initiative aims to demonstrate the significant impact of affordable, energy-efficient agricultural equipment on global food security and climate resilience, emphasising end-user livelihoods. The campaign will highlight what Efficiency for Access partners have accomplished so far in accelerating clean energy access through the uptake of solar-powered agricultural appliances. It will also forecast the future direction of the ag-related productive use equipment sector by shining a light on emerging trends and challenges.
SNV has vast experience in incorporating sustainable energy and the productive use of energy across our three sectors. By joining this campaign we can highlight the importance of integrating sustainable energy into agricultural value chains to increase climate resilience and improve livelihoods and demonstrate examples from our work.
SNV's work nexus projects
Examples of SNV’s sustainable energy in agriculture projects include:
- Climate Resilient Agribusiness for Tomorrow (CRAFT)
- Increasing Climate Resilience in Energy & Agriculture Systems and Entrepreneurship (INCREASE)
- Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD)
- EnDev III Kenya
- Smart Water of Agriculture (SWA)
- Sustainable Energy for Smallholder Farmers
- New EnDev reports launched on the productive use of energy in Kenya
- EnDev report on PUE in Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda
- SokoFresh journey to COP26 in Glasgow
For more information
To learn more about this campaign, visit the campaign website or follow the campaign hashtag - #EfficiencyforAgTech on social media.