On 25 June 2020, SNV Ghana’s Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities in Ghana (GrEEn) project hosted a webinar to share and discuss findings from its survey on the impact of COVID-19 on service delivery to Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in Ghana.
Date and time
Date: Thursday, 25 June 2020
Time: 10:30AM – 11:30AM GMT
About the GrEEn project
The Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities in Ghana (GrEEn) project is a 4-year action funded by the European Union through its Emergency Trust Fund for Africa.
Implemented by SNV Ghana and the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) in close partnership with the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, GrEEn aims to create jobs for over 5,000 people through the promotion of green jobs and the growth of Ghana’s local, circular economy. The project will achieve this by improving skills and increasing access to finance for youth, women and returning migrants as well as Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in the Ashanti and Western regions of Ghana.
About the webinar
As part of the inception phase of the GrEEn project, SNV Ghana undertook a survey to assess the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on service delivery to Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in Ghana.
The study assessed how the operations of service providers have been impacted by the slowdown caused by the crisis. The study also explored the coping mechanisms service providers have put in place to mitigate the challenges presented by the crisis, as well as the implications for future operations. Finally, the survey was used to solicit policy recommendations from the target service providers.
GrEEn is inviting you to join our webinar to discuss the results of the survey to inform policy response to COVID-19 as well as shape the interventions of the GrEEn project. Additionally, it is expected that the results from the survey will enable service providers to re-evaluate their contribution to the mitigation and recovery efforts of COVID-19, and how they can uniquely position themselves to support the process.
Objectives of the webinar
- To present the findings of the COVID-19 survey to respondents and other participants for feedback and validation.
- To share key lessons from the survey with service providers and policy makers to improve service provision
- To introduce the GrEEn project to a broad range of relevant stakeholders
- Public sector/government institutions at the nation and sub-national level
- Private sector
- Renewable energy sector
- Technical training service providers
- Agribusiness incubators and service providers
- Incubation and acceleration hubs
- Business membership organisations
- Industry associations
- Individual/Freelance consultants, coaches and mentors
- SNV Ghana GrEEn Project Brief
- SNV Ghana and UNCDF Joint Project Brochure
- Blog - Green businesses: the right approach to building climate resilient local economies and livelihoods
- Blog - What GrEEn is doing in response to COVID-19
- GrEEn Project Press Release