2SCALE - brochure
2SALE offers a range of support services to private partners – companies and farmer groups – enabling them to produce, transform and supply quality food products for local, national and regional end-user markets, including Base of the Pyramid consumers.
Incubating inclusive agribusiness
2SCALE is an incubator program that manages a portfolio of public-private partnerships (PPPs) for inclusive business in agri-food sectors and industries. 2SCALE offers a range of support services to its business champions (SMEs and farmer groups) and partners, enabling them to produce, transform and supply quality food products. These products go to local and regional markets, including to base of the pyramid consumers.
How the programme works
2SCALE focuses on establishing agribusiness clusters built around business champions. Champions are either entrepreneurial producer organizations or local SMEs that trade or process the produce of farmers. By providing support to these clusters, 2SCALE is developing products and markets for local consumer markets, preferably at the base of the pyramid.
2SCALE - phase II has the following targets:
- Scale over 60 public-private partnerships
- Improve the livelihoods of over 750,000 farmers (50% women, 40% youth)
- Develop new business for more than 5,000 SME and producer organisations (2,500 female-headed, 1,000 young entrepreneurs)
- Improve access to nutritious food for at least 1,000,000 BoP consumers
- 375,000 hectares covered by eco-efficient agricultural practice
- 20,000 new non-farming jobs (10,000 for women, 8,000 for youth)
- € 50,000,000 co-investment from private sector
The project is active in 8 countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Niger and Nigeria